Fall Garden Chili
- 1 lb ground turkey or hamburger
- 1 Tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 stocks celery chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 packet dairy-free taco seasoning*
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 cup green beans diced
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 1 15 oz can corn drained
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt adjust as needed
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 2 15 oz cans tomato sauce
Heat oil in a large frying pan or dutch oven over medium heat. Once the oil is heated, add onions and celery. Cook until tender.
Add ground meat and garlic and cook until no longer pink.
Toss in carrots and spices and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
If using a crockpot, transfer the meat mixture at this time.
Add all remaining ingredients except zucchini. If using a dutch oven, bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low.
Let simmer until vegetables are almost tender* (about 4 hours in crock pot)
Add zucchini and cook until tender (about 1 hour in crock pot, 20 minutes on the stove)
Let cool, freeze and ENJOY!
Place in individual serving containers with a twist top lid and freeze.
Pack fresh or frozen in a container with a twist top lid.
Heat in an oven safe dish, covered, for 20 minutes in the airplane oven or directly in a mini skillet in the hotel room.