Greek Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 3/4 cup garbanzo beans rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber (1/2 cucumber)
- 1/2 a bell pepper diced
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes chopped into quarters
- 1 handful spinach finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced kalemate olives
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black peper
- 1/2 cup Greek dressing
Rinse quinoa in a mesh strainer.
In a medium pot, bring broth or liquid to a boil over high heat.
Once the liquid is boiling, pour in quinoa, stir, cover with a lid and reduce heat to medium low. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes, until all the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and let cool.
Place all other ingredients, except dressing, in a large bowl. Mix in the cooled quinoa. Top with dressing and mix until all ingredients are evenly coated.
Pack salad in a container with a twist top or snap lid.